HVAC Accessories Help Improve Indoor Air Quality
The COVID-19 pandemic has people feeling out of control and uncertain about what the future holds, making for a stressful situation. While we all have to accept the fact we can’t control certain aspects of our lives, there are important things you can do right now to improve your surroundings and reduce your stress.
One of those immediate improvements is managing the indoor air quality (IAQ) of your Portland home. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), many short- and long-term health effects are often linked to poor indoor air quality.
To help rectify this situation, various accessories are available to work with typical heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Our team at Sun Glow Heating & Cooling is well versed in these technologies and wants you to be aware of them so you can take action in the best interest of your family.
Pure Air®by Sun Glow
One of these indoor air quality accessories is called Pure Air—an advanced technology delivering a higher ionized hydro-peroxide output. This air quality accessory provides faster kill rates of microbials in the air and on your Oregon home surfaces than conventional accessories.
Additionally, this high level of output makes other common allergens heavier and drops them to surfaces more quickly, which can help bring relief to those who suffer from respiratory ailments and allergies.
Pure Air is designed to decrease odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), molds, viruses, bacteria, and other air pollutants. One of our HVAC experts can easily install this accessory into your existing air duct, or ductwork, system. With this indoor air quality technology in your home, you can breathe easier.
Air Scrubber Plus by AERUS
Based on a patent-pending technology called ActivePure®, the Air Scrubber Plus accessory is designed to reduce odors, smoke, and microbial population on surfaces. ActivePure technology uses a special ultraviolet (UV) light and photocatalyst target, which creates an advanced oxidization process with friendly oxidizers.
Air Scrubber Plus can reduce particles that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms as well as remove dangerous contaminants from the air and protect HVAC systems from dust buildup. The system is also attached to a building’s ductwork.
The REME HALO® by RGF®
A next-generation indoor air quality technology is called REME HALO by RGF. This unit is also an ionized hydro-peroxide output technology. It operates in a similar way to our Pure Air accessory and will kill microbials in the air and on surfaces quickly.
REME HALO also tackles particles that can cause discomfort for those who suffer from allergy and respiratory issues. This technology is enhanced with zinc to boost its kill rate and requires no tool cell replacement to operate effectively.
Other Basic Tips
Besides checking out these cutting-edge technologies, you can also take some basic steps to improve indoor air quality that are inexpensive and simple:
• Change air filters. Most air filters should be replaced every three months. Taking this simple step will not only improve your indoor air quality but also keep your HVAC system running well.
• Clean your home. By simply prioritizing dusting and vacuuming tasks, possibly supplemented with things like high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) vacuum bags, you can easily reduce the dust and contaminants in your home.
• Inspect your air ducts. Keeping your air ducts sealed and in good condition plays a large role in your home’s air quality. Leaks allow unfiltered air to seep into your breathing air with its pollutants as well as increase your energy costs. Have our professionals inspect them during a preventative maintenance visit.
• Control humidity. Try to maintain your indoor air humidity at a level between 30 percent and 50 percent. This is the suggested range for maximum comfort and minimum problems with things like mold growth or, on the other end with a lack of humidity, headaches, cracked skin, and nose bleeds.
• Invest in air purifiers. Check out the host of air purification and air cleaning systems available today. Various technologies have their own strengths. For example activated carbon filters do a good job removing smoke and odors, ultraviolet (UV) light helps kill viruses and bacteria, and HEPA filtration systems can remove most allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
Contact Us Today to Help Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
If you are interested in learning more, call our Sun Glow Heating & Cooling professionals in Portland, OR. Our expert team can help you address indoor air quality problems in your home and share the most advanced solutions available. Call at 503-253-7789 or request service online.