What Can I Do to Improve My Indoor Air Quality?
Nothing is as blissful as enjoying clean air inside your own Portland home—but to maintain ideal indoor air quality (IAQ), you need to be proactive. Otherwise, dirt, dust, and airborne particles will gather and compromise the air you breathe every day.
Our Sun Glow Heating & Cooling professionals can help you achieve your goal of having cleaner indoor air inside your home. As the top heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) experts in Oregon, we would be honored to assist.
Tips to Improve your Indoor Air Quality
Some ways you can better control the air quality of your home include:
- Routinely change your HVAC filter: You should replace your air filter at least every 90 days (more so if you have pets or someone with allergies inside your home), or wash it if it is reusable at least once a month. This reduces any accumulation of dust, dirt, and debris so you don’t end up breathing it in.
- Don’t underestimate the power of cleaning your home: Maybe you wipe down the counters and wash the dishes. But how often do you sweep, dust, mop, and vacuum your Portland home? Be sure to wash rugs, blankets, and sheets regularly too.
Routine cleaning can make a difference between breathing easy or suffering from allergy symptoms like sneezing, coughing, runny nose, and congestion.
According to the American Lung Association, dust mites are detectable in at least one bed in four out of five homes in the United States. Don’t let your home become one of them! Keep your household free of allergens so you can breathe in cleaner air and reduce asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Opt for a whole-house humidifier and/or whole-house dehumidifier: Too much humidity could result in mold and mildew growth in your home—too little can lead to a stuffy nose and other health issues. A whole-house humidifier and whole-house dehumidifier can balance out the humidity levels in your home and keep them within an appropriate range.
- Add an indoor air quality product: If you’re looking for an extra boost to help enhance your comfort, try an air purification product. Reduce the number of airborne contaminants floating around your home and enjoy a breath of fresh air.
Top Indoor Air Quality Products
Our Sun Glow Heating & Cooling professionals offer the following products to help improve your indoor air quality:
- Carrier Infinity Air Purifier: This advanced whole-house air purification system uses patented Captures & Kills technology to trap 95 percent of particles and destroy up to 99 percent of germs and viruses. Opting for this system could help create the ideal environment you want for your home.
- Sun Glow Pure Air®: Add this innovative indoor air quality product to your home to get rid of volatile organic compounds (VOCs), smoke, bacteria, and other contaminants so you can breathe in fresher air.
- Aprilaire® Air Filters: Experience cleaner air by upgrading from a standard one-inch filter to an Aprilaire air filter designed to catch airborne particles. We recommend air filters with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating of 13, 16, or 13 plus carbon.
Why It’s Important to Take Action Now
With the fire season coming up, ensure the air you are breathing is as clean as possible. Take time to prepare now and save yourself the trouble of scrambling if smoke spreads near your home and potentially puts your health at risk.
Our Sun Glow Professionals Are Always Here to Help
If you’re unsure about which indoor air quality product to choose for your Portland, OR, home, our Sun Glow Heating & Cooling experts can help make the right choice. Give us a call today at 503-253-7789 or request service online.